Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.Sopher + Co provides consultancy services to both individuals and entities seeking to invest in the US and US persons looking to invest or expand into the UK and/or Europe.
These services include advising on how best to own an investment, structure an entity to own and operate a business, tax mitigation strategies and tax efficient income repatriation techniques. Due to continuous growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced US/UK Personal Tax Assistant Manager to provide US and UK individual tax advisory and compliance services to US connected individuals.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership for financial management of the portfolio, WIP management, billing targets and cash collection
- Participate in developing and pursuing new clients
- Ensure all jobs are completed within specific budgets
- Ensure productivity level meets or exceeds budget expectation
- Draft Bills for clients and submit to Director for approval
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
Ideally you will be EA or ATT/CTA qualified, with relevant experience in a similar role, as well as keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will also have/be:
- At least 5 tax seasons’ experience with US and UK personal tax compliance
- Experience working with US and UK tax rules and efficiently managing the interaction between the two tax regimes
- Experience with CCH ProSystem and UK tax preparation software
- Previous experience managing and coaching junior members of staff
- Good problem-solving skills to address client issues
- Knowledge and experience with trusts advantageous but not essential