An exciting position has become available for a full-time US/UK Expatriate Tax AM based in Canary Wharf, London. The successful candidate will earn up to £50K pa plus benefits.
You will be working with a varied portfolio of US/UK clients, responsible for reviewing US and UK tax returns and associated filings prepared by more junior members of staff and ensuring that all tax compliance requirements are met accurately and efficiently in line with all appropriate deadlines.
As well as the compliance aspects of the role you will gain exposure to US/UK advisory and tax planning work through assisting more senior staff.
The ideal candidate will have developed a strong technical awareness of US/UK expatriate tax through their previous work experience.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well renowned firm where there will be excellent scope for progression.
Why should you apply?
· The chance to join a fantastic company with a wealth of experience.
· To become part of a hardworking, dedicated team.
· To showcase your current knowledge and skill set in the field.
· To be a proactive member of the company.
· On the job training and support is provided, as well as formal training leading to recognised US and UK tax qualifications.
· A competitive remuneration package includes a basic salary, approved contributory pension and share option scheme.
· Study support to complete the CTA and EA qualification are offered.
- Reviewing UK and US tax returns and associated filings.
- Mentoring more junior members of staff.
- Ensuring the tax compliance function operates smoothly and efficiently and that all deadlines/targets are met.
- To ensure quality is maintained at all times by adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
- Carry out duties assigned efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm's tax procedures.
- Support senior staff on tax planning and other ad-hoc projects.
- Researching technical US/UK legislation.
- Strong desire to further career development in US/UK taxation within a supportive environment
- Solid technical understanding of UK/US tax and the interaction of the Double Tax Treaty
- Tax compliance focused.
- ATT and EA qualified desirable.
- Familiarity with CCH pro systems a distinct advantage.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and positive ‘can-do’ approach to problem solving.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop technical knowledge, highly responsive, highly organised and numerate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and time management skills.
If you are interested in a career at Hansen Sweeney we would be very pleased to hear from you – we are very happy to receive applications from individuals at all levels, from trainee all the way through to senior management — please send your CV with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org