US Tax Consultant / Tax Preparer
British American Tax are expanding and are recruiting for Consultant and Tax Preparation posts in our UK/US Private Client Tax Department. We provide a stimulating and challenging environment, opportunities for career growth and promotion. We will also pay for your studies to obtain US tax qualification (details will be provided at the interview).
The UK/US Private Client Tax department provides a range of services.
1. UK and US tax compliance for both UK and non-UK domiciliaries.
2. International tax planning and advisory services for US and UK citizens, residents, and/or domiciles.
3. Advice on tax efficient wealth structures.
4. Personal offshore administration.
5. Employment taxation structures.
6. Property ownership in the UK, the US, and overseas.
7. Offshore trust and company administration.
8. Reviewing the tax implications of residence and domicile laws.
9. Expatriation, assisting with litigation support.
10. Advising on the use of trusts.
11. The mitigation of estate, gift, inheritance, and capital gains taxes.
12. The use of structured reliefs (for example EIS and VCTs).
13. Business succession and exit planning.
14. Providing the advice to sports people and entertainers; dealing with simple and highly complex tax investigations and enquiries.
15. Advising in relation to charitable giving to a wide range of clients.
The clients are of a quality and diversity that you would expect from an international practice based in London.
As a Consultant in the UK/US Tax Department, the key elements of the role are:
• Personal tax compliance for high net worth individuals with both UK and US tax connections.
• Provision of tax advice to both compliance and non-compliance clients on a variety of different issues.
The day to day work will involve a wide range of tax and accounting skills, including:
• Preparation of tax returns for UK domiciled and non-UK-domiciled high net worth individuals.
• Preparation of tax returns for US tax resident and nonresident alien individuals, including associated US information filings.
• Preparation of US state tax returns for state residents and nonresidents.
• Preparation of specialist computations, for example UK tax pool computations for offshore trusts.
• Providing advice to UK domiciled and non-UK-domiciled individuals on a wide range of issues such as those set out above.
• Providing advice in respect of the operation of the UK/US double tax treaty and the interaction of foreign tax credits.
• Dealing with clients and third parties internationally in an efficient and effective manner.
We are seeking someone with experience as a US Tax Preparer or US Tax Consultant in the UK/US Private Client Space. EA or CPA certifications will be a bonus but not required as support will be given for attaining these certifications.
We're excited to receive your application by pressing Apply Now.