December 9, 2022
Rawlinson & Hunter LLP (“R&H”) is recruiting for a Consultant in the UK/US Private Client Tax Department.
The UK/US Private Client Tax department provides a range of services including; UK and US tax compliance for both UK and non-UK domiciliaries, US tax residents and non-resident aliens, UK/US and international tax planning and advisory services to include: advice on tax efficient wealth structures; personal offshore administration; employment taxation structures; property ownership (both in the UK and overseas); offshore trust and company administration; reviewing the tax implications of residence and domicile laws; expatriation, assisting with litigation support, advising on the use of trusts; the mitigation of Estate, Gift, Inheritance and capital gains taxes; the use of structured reliefs (for example EIS and VCTs); business succession and exit planning; providing the advice to sports people and entertainers; dealing with simple and highly complex tax investigations and enquiries; advising in relation to charitable giving, to a wide range of clients.
The clients are of a quality and diversity that you would expect from an international practice based in central London.
As a Consultant in the UK/US Tax Department, the key elements of the role are:
• Personal tax compliance for High Net Worth Individuals with both UK and US tax connections
• Provision of tax advice to both compliance and non-compliance clients on a variety of different issues
The day to day work will involve a wide range of tax and accounting skills, including:
• Preparation of tax returns for UK domiciled and non-UK-domiciled high net worth individuals
• Preparation of tax returns for US tax resident and non-resident alien individuals, including associated US information filings
• Preparation of US State Tax Returns for State residents and non-residents
• Preparation of specialist computations, for example UK tax pool computations for offshore trusts.
• Providing advice to UK domiciled and non-UK-domiciled individuals on a wide range of issues such as those set out above
• Providing advice in respect of the operation of the UK/US Double Tax treaty and the interaction of foreign tax credits
• Dealing with clients and third parties internationally in an efficient and effective manner
The main criteria for any candidate applying for this position is a combination of excellent communication skills and sound technical knowledge. The candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have worked in an environment where it is necessary to deliver accurate information on a timely basis.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Enrolled agent qualification/working toward and excellent technical skills
• Associate Tax Technician/Working toward
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline environment
• Excellent IT skills and receptive to technology changes
We are an equal opportunities employer and pride ourselves on the increasing diversity of our workforce. We believe in the best person for the job.