September 13, 2022
EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations and funds.
The US compliance reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand from London based clients.
Our London based team of US-qualified tax professional are a growing practice of 50+ individuals focused on providing excellent client service to the asset management industry including real estate, private equity and hedge funds and their management companies.
The team is highly dynamic and is looking for motivated, energetic and collaborative individuals to join the US team in London. The team is looking for managers to help grow the team this year.
The role will involve overseeing hedge fund and private equity US tax compliance processes for your clients with appropriate consideration of risk, operational, and tax technical issues. Researching US tax legislation and explaining the impact to asset management clients will be required as part of contributing to tax consulting projects. Working within a team you will be expected to coach new staff members and share knowledge and experience when required also. You will also be expected to coordinate multiple engagement teams’ schedules and deadlines as well as coaching team members and sharing experience/knowledge with them.
Skills and attributes for success
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
- Practical experience with partnership allocations including an understanding of revaluation accounts.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to learn new concepts with minimal guidance.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Current CPA, EA or equivalent qualification or Degree / Master’s degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of corporate and international tax returns and related US tax laws.
- Extensive experience in preparing and reviewing partnership tax returns and Schedules K-1.
- Practical experience with hedge fund securities analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of Go Systems tax preparation software or similar system. .
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience managing cross-border teams of 2-6 people.
- Background in financial services, ideally working with hedge fund and private equity clients in a US tax capacity.
What we look for
We’re interested to hear from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network & explore ways to evolve into a global professional, in line with the future of EY. We’re looking for someone who has a background in both tax accounting and compliance and has excellent client relationship skills.