Our client is a leading US and UK tax and accounting practice in London and they are seeking a US Tax Preparer (Associate), with 1-2 years of experience, to join their team on a Hybrid (OR Remote) basis.
This role is perfect for a US Tax Trainee or Associate level individual looking for wider US tax industry exposure and direct mentorship from a U.S CPA. You'll be exposed to the full tax preparation process, from meeting the client to signing out their tax return, and everything in between.
International Tax is an area of specialism which they have successfully grown within their business and this includes a U.S. tax return compliance and consultancy service.
WHAT'S ON OFFER FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to work with a small yet supportive tax team including x2 Enrolled Agents and x1 CPA (13 people in total).
- The option to work in a hybrid model, with excellent remote workflows already in place.
- Really good work-life balance; we're a firm that encourages you to leave on time. Quite different to a Big 4 firm mentality!
- A competitive salary and working flexibility.
WHAT ARE THE KEY DUTIES?
- Preparation of individual U.S. tax returns for a varied portfolio of clients.
- Collating tax information from clients and 3rd parties.
- Updating of tax return status on internal systems for reporting purposes.
- Completion of U.S. bank account forms, W8BENs, filing extensions etc.
- U.S. tax research and drafting advice, as needed for advisory projects.
This incoming individual will ideally be familiar with preparing US returns for expats but they would be happy to provide training to someone who has prepared US returns for US-based, domestic clients.
- Fundamental technical knowledge of U.S. tax return procedures.
- Motivated individual with a desire to learn and develop your career in the US tax industry.
- Be a fantastic communicator, with the ability to consult with clients on tax issues.
- Generalist tax experience across UK/U.S. or specific U.S. focus.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a small and highly professional US tax team that promotes hybrid working (or remote!) and a work-life balance!
Email a copy of your CV to email@example.com, stating the name of the vacancy and any covering notes.