US Tax Advisor (Remote, UK & EU)
We are excited to hire an experienced tax professional on behalf of our client who will help them continue to expand their reach in the expat tax market.
In this role you will be working closely with the firm’s partners and tax preparation team to ensure that the annual tax preparation season continues to flow smoothly within their company. The successful candidate will bring high-level leadership experience, excellent management skills, and strong research capabilities with a deep understanding of US tax law for their international portfolio of clients.
- Provide U.S. tax compliance and advisory services to clients by utilizing strategies that best suit complex international taxpayers’ needs including foreign corporations and CFCs, interpretation of tax treaties, streamline procedures and foreign tax credits.
- Prepare and review U.S. federal and state tax returns and assist in designing and implementing tax saving strategies and planning opportunities.
- Research challenging cases to help the tax preparation team through questions
- Make tax law determinations for clients and document decision charts
- Tax License (EA or CPA) with an active PTIN
- Minimum 3 years international tax preparation experience
- Deep knowledge of U.S. tax law
- Strong understanding of GILTI and other international tax provisions
- Excellent research skills - ability to independently research tax law issues
- Experience preparing US federal and state tax returns including Forms 1040, 1065, 1120, Sch A, Sch B, Sch C, Sch D, Sch E, 1116, 8812, 8995
- Experience preparing expat tax returns including Forms 1116, 2555, 8938, 8621, 8858, 5471 and FBAR
- Excellent communication and client relationship management skills
- Bachelors’ degree