December 7, 2022
Our Big 4 client is seeking a Senior U.S. Tax Manager to join a team of Cayman-based professionals providing tax compliance and advisory services to the global financial services sector.
The U.S. tax work they take on is highly complex and interesting; specifically, the U.S. tax team provides tax services to the global financial services sector - mostly insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds & entities in the ILS sector.
The fact that the Cayman Islands are one of the biggest offshore tax havens has only led more expatriates to settle down here over the years. One reason why so many British and American expats choose to move to the Cayman Islands is that it offers them a welcome break from their fast-paced lives. They can enjoy the same relaxed lifestyle almost daily, which is nothing less than a dream when living in a big city.
SO, WHY THE CAYMAN ISLANDS?
Both locations offer either a tax-free (Cayman) or a low tax (Bermuda) living in a stunning and exciting location. For more information on this opportunity, take a look at the PDF below and get in touch.
Working closely with the Tax Director and Partner you will:
● Provide U.S. tax compliance and advisory services to corporations and/or partnerships operating in the global financial services sector including insurance companies, hedge/private equity funds, and/or entities operating in the insurance-linked securities (ILS) sector
● Oversee the preparation and/or review of tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 for a diverse range of entities, from standalone captive insurance companies to large multinational SEC registrants
● Assist Cayman-based entities in understanding and addressing an ever-evolving range of international tax provisions (e.g. CFC, PFIC, BEAT) as refined by the TCJA and subject to potential further revisions in 2021 (e.g. SHIELD, revisions to GILTI provisions, BEPS 2.0)
● Coordinate a diverse portfolio of tax clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality service and advice
● Manage a skilled, multi-disciplinary team of tax professionals (depending on seniority) responsible for engagement delivery and take an active role in the continuous development of staff
● FLEXIBLE: A strong US corporate tax background is ideally what our client is looking for, if you're willing to learn specialists areas they work in.
● Ideally, you'd have relevant U.S. tax experience (preferably with a Big 4 firm) with U.S. technical tax concepts related to (re)insurance companies, investment funds, foreign trusts, and/or corporate executives and other high net worth individuals;
● CPA designation OR U.S. Lawyer degree OR Enrolled Agent qualification is required;
Email a copy of your CV to email@example.com, stating the name of the vacancy and any covering notes.