US Expat Tax Accountant (CPA, EA or JD) Independent Contractor
Greenback Expat Tax Services was founded and is run by US Expats. We help American’s living abroad get and stay compliant on their US tax obligations. We are a highly energetic, positive, and resourceful team working virtually across the globe.
We believe that executional excellence is the key to success. We are currently seeking Expat Tax Accountants (CPA, EA, or JD) to work as Independent Contractors with us. At Greenback, we provide our US Expat Tax Accountants (CPA, EA, or JD) with the tools that they need to be successful and we bring our clients to them so that they can focus on preparing expat taxes and providing exceptional customer care! This is ideal for any experienced accountant who does not want to do the marketing, operations, or billing required to grow a practice.
This is not a traditional remote accounting JOB, it’s more like a business partnership. You would work with Greenback clients as an independent contractor and be paid for the clients that you complete. This role is ideal for US Expat Tax Accountants (CPA, EA) who love the idea of their earning potential being tied to their individual accomplishments, are obsessively organized, and have a natural flair for customer care.
- Again, this is not a traditional 9-to-5 accounting job. No one has set hours – you have specific responsibilities and obligations related to customer care timeliness. Still, it’s up to you to set a schedule that meets those timings.
- No office/no commute. You have the ultimate flexibility to decide where you work from and when you work – beyond even your standard work-from-home accounting job. Want to spend tax season in your home office and the slower season working a lighter load from Mexico, Bali, or the coast of Spain? Many on our team do just that!
- You get paid directly in proportion to how many tax returns you complete. Your earning potential is unlimited and a good number of the accountants on our team earn six figures. If you’re a hustler, have high expertise in US expat tax prep, work hard, and stay organized, this is a great opportunity for you.
- We have frequent bonus opportunities for excellence in staying organized, timeliness, and attention to detail. We’ve heard our accountants described as “personal tax time heroes” – we compensate accountants above the standard per return and pay for above and beyond customer care
- This remote accounting job is an ideal fit for people who are happy to work on their own, but don’t want to manage the business logistics like marketing, customer acquisition, billing, customer service, etc.
- We’re maniacal about customer care. We expect everyone to have an experience with us that makes them want to go straight out and tell their friends how wonderful Greenback is. Accountants who feel that’s important thrive with us and love how happy their customers are at the end of each tax season.
- You will have access to a peer group of 40+ accountants that are the best in the industry regarding US expat taxes and customer-centricity.
To apply, take the following steps:
- Fill out our online assessment (see our company link below!)
- Attach to the online form not only your resume/CV, but also a cover letter
We will follow up with all candidates within five working days with the next steps.