We're a Corporate International Tax Team working across every industry sector with a diverse and interesting range of clients - from entrepreneurial start-ups to large, global FTSE 100 companies. We are a fast-growing and high-performing team and, for you, it's the chance to get involved in cross border M&A transactions, international tax planning, transfer pricing, UK/US Tax Consulting, and more.
Tax is a dynamic, ever-changing industry. As our clients’ needs and the regulatory environment evolve, you’ll encounter new problems to solve and new opportunities for growth. Whether it’s advising clients on high-profile specialisms like Corporation Tax or leading the implementation of intelligent technology solutions, you’ll enjoy variety as well as stretch in your role.
BDO supports all kinds of different businesses in different sectors across the UK and around the world. You’ll be providing Tax Advisory services to start-ups and scale-ups, to private businesses and FTSE listed multinationals. Each of our clients has different needs and in applying your expertise in different contexts, you’ll develop your skills and gain valuable experience that will serve you throughout your career.
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you’ll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners to enable us to serve our clients effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to our clients. We are looking for someone with;
- Strong understanding of and previous experience within corporate tax compliance, dealing with the annual tax return process of both small clients and those with a much more extensive number of assignees in the UK and internationally
- Experience of providing corporate tax advisory and compliance services to a variety of clients
- Managing the successful delivery of commercially viable and technically excellent advice to a variety of clients involving tax due diligence, structuring, international and other advisory work and including liaising with specialists in other tax teams and overseas BDO offices to manage their input
- Ability to undertake tax audits for clients under UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target client companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions
- Experience of managing people.
- Ability to actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients
- Educated to degree level, and CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
You’ll also be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.