In Deloitte's US/UK High Net Worth group, it's our job to help our clients navigate the intricacies of the UK and US tax systems, advising them on every aspect of personal tax. Recognised as a market leader within this space, our goal is to proactively deliver the very best advice to our clients, with whom we seek to build deep and lasting relationships.
Made up of over 40 tax specialists from a diverse range of backgrounds, we are a team that is continuing to grow, both in terms of size and the type of client work we take on. From day one, you'll not only work closely with entrepreneurs and ultra-high net worth individuals, but clients from a range of industries including some of the world's leading banks, law firms and multinationals, to major hedge funds and partnerships, to some of the most sought after entertainment companies and popular sports clubs in the country. Since the work is so varied and fast-paced, you'll quickly develop a mix of UK and US tax technical skills and commercial acumen, interspersed with those softer skills that will truly make you stand out from the crowd.
We take personal development very seriously here and believe that it should be tailored to the individual. We offer a range of exciting initiatives that will enable you to achieve your goals, such as international secondments, and opportunities to gain further qualifications, to name but a few. We also value collaboration, believing that our differences are what make us distinctive, and encourage you to build your networks, both internally and outside of the firm.
As an Associate Director within the US/UK High Net Worth team, you will be working in a diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
A successful applicant will possess the following key skills and attributes:
- Strong UK and/or US technical skills with qualifications to support, either ATT/CTA or EA/CPA;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to take ownership, use initiative to resolve problems with practical solutions and exercise appropriate levels of judgement
- Drive and ambition to succeed and exceed our clients' expectations and a pro-active approach to personal development
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels